HomeAboutRuby LaneHouse TourFeatured

Sunday, September 8, 2013

A Fresh Mantlescape For Fall


I wanted a whitescape mantle for fall, so here’s the green and white mantle I did in the family room.  These are my favorite vases. Notice the SWEATER detail on them.  I have seen many very high end versions of these, but I found this pair at Target for a song last Christmas.

mantlescape_7


Simple yet fresh and visually symmetrical by alternating green and white.


mantlescape_2


A clean slate before the coming of winter.  I added large moss topiary balls to the vases and whitewashed woven balls to silver pillar candleholders.


mantlescape_4


The white glazed artichokes came from Hobby Lobby. 

 
mantlescape_1


The vintage French floating ball from my bathroom finishes the "look".


mantlescape_6

 I love autumn but I'm personally holding out and enjoying the last bit of summer.  It's been absolutely beautiful here with sunny days and late summer bliss.

Come back Tuesday night to see what I was up to this past weekend in the garden.

Blessings,
Kim

3 comments:

NanaDiana said...

I am with you 100%, Kim. I am hanging onto summer for all it's worth. I feel like I got cheated out of most of it. Enjoy your week- xo Diana

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

Hello from Canada! Love your funky mantel..very clean and modern but not cold at all...sorry to say though I am soooo done with summer..been far to hot and sticky,bring on the chill in the air!!!! All the best,Chrissy

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Love your cool, crisp feeling for your Fall mantel...See you soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...