HomeAboutRuby LaneHouse TourFeatured

Monday, September 30, 2013

Duking It Out With Savvy Southern Style! (WINK)

Who saw this beauty first? 

IMG_7741

The two Kim’s arm wrestling over a French farm table. 

IMG_7743

It was a tough fight but guess who won?  Savvy Southern Style got the table!!! (I’ll let her share more photos of HER table…WINK)

We had such a good time at Monsieur and Madame’s shop full of French treasures.  Kim at Savvy Southern Style, Shirley at Housepitality Designs and myself all bought wonderful items here.

We loved this charming shop in Deauville so much that we went twice!!!

IMG_3422

Dreamy chandeliers…

IMG_3411

 

IMG_3412

18th c painted pieces….

IMG_3418

Unusual and rare champagne serving table…

IMG_7746

Empire period treasures…

IMG_3410

One can never have too many benches…

IMG_7738

Terra cotta love…

IMG_3420

Real inlay, not the painted on stuff…

IMG_3416

A much sought-after bouillotte lamp…

IMG_3421

And WOW pieces like this…(ask Shirley about this one!!!)

IMG_3417

I never tire of the amazing detail…

IMG_3413

Come to France with me next year to find more great treasures like these.  Thanks to Cat and Alain of Sunday Brocantes for making this tour the best ever.

And don’t fight with Kim N. over farm tables…she’ll win every time!

IMG_7744

Blessings,

Kim

P.S. I’ll be posting a fall craft idea tomorrow for the Fall Around The House party.  Please visit the first 6 blogs today for some great inspiration and come back tomorrow for the other six!

 

9 comments:

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Too cute.

Those wares are to DIE for awesome, thanks for the tease!

Have a wonderful week!!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

It's the bigger than your rule! I should have grabbed that lamp when I first walked in the store. :)

Janette - The2Seasons said...

I missed you gals by a few days. We just finished up our walking tour in England's Cotswolds today, and I'm headed to Paris tomorrow. (The mister is going on to India). This post is adorable. I'm sure you will find your dream table soon!

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Cute, but she went to REALLY find a table:) So glad she got it but wish you had too. Loved everything you showed us! GREAt STORE!!!!!

Sarah said...

Great find on the table, and love the lamp too. I've been looking for one for my desk. This would have been perfect, but guess I'd been arm wrestling someone for it. Ha!

Cat @ Sunday Brocantes, France said...

Love this post--as much as I love that I witnessed this 'competition' in person... but you are both complete ladies and each of you did come out as 'winners' in the end.

Have a fabulous week mon amie! Cannot wait for more posts!

xx

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

That antique shop was so wonderful...fell in love with that buffet and can't wait to get it...You and Kim may have arm wrestled, but I think you gave her the distinct advantage...so nice of you!!!

Pamela said...

Love this post Kimberly! Glad y'all had such a great time.

Pamela said...

Love this post Kimberly! Glad y'all had such a great time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...